Tree Survey & Report
Visual Tree Assessment
The first and most important approach to assessment, bringing to bear experience in the field along with a knowledge of current thinking as regards ‘the body language of trees’ and the engineering principles underpinning successful growth.
DDD 200 Decay Detecting Drill
Has a 1 mm diameter drill bit which is drilled into areas giving concern. Soft, decaying wood will give low resistance and therefore fast drilling times. If hollow, drill will fall into cavity. Speeds are recorded in the form of a graph. This technique is minimally invasive.
Sound Impulse Hammer
Measures the speed at which a sound impulse travels through the section of tree selected. A fast and minimally invasive technique, providing good information. It is often the first tool to be used in assessing the extent of suspected decay in a tree.
Increment Sampler and Fractometer
Increment Sampler is drilled into tree and used to extract a 5 mm core, the strength of which is then tested on the Fractometer. This is a highly invasive and therefore potentially damaging procedure, however it can be necessary for the formulation of a conclusive analysis of timber strength in trees where there is little good wood left.
Development Site Surveys BS5837
Building on experience in Tree Assessment and the planning process. Inverness Tree Services uses latest GIS technology to enable digital, on site plotting of trees in AutoCAD file (to Sub Meter Accuracy, and can be to 10cm accuracy) and efficient, data collection.
- Tree Constraints Surveys.
- Arboricultural Impact Assessments.
- Tree protection plans.
- On site induction training for personnel working near protected trees.
- Certificates of conformity.
- Tree Protection Advice and assistance with Planning department.
- Arboricultural Method Statements.
- Project Supervision and Management.
- Site monitoring.
Our approach is based on formats and recommendations provided by BS 5837 (2012) ‘Trees in Relation to Construction”. Our primary aim is to find practical solutions to progress development alongside trees.
Have your Trees Assessed - Particularly valuable to those buying or selling property also if considering landscaping and garden design
Gives you & your garden exclusive time with experienced Arborist to identify problems, catalogue, assess, and map your trees. This type of survey is good for highlighting tree problems with an emphasis on present & possible future care. A clear and comprehensively written survey enabling you to make the best decisions for your trees.
A typical survey might include:
- Number Tag each tree
- Digital mapping of each tree
- Stem diameter
- Canopy spread (drip line) normally measured to 4 points of the compass, this can be shown on plan
- Disease, Decay, Deadwood, Cracked or broken branches, Root damage
- Suggestions for replanting
- Suggestions for best practice
- Prioritizing and scheduling of any works that may be required
- Tree Safety assessment is built in to our survey, put your mind to rest regarding Insurance liabilities
- T.P.O. & Conservation area assessment
- Conservation and Tree Preservation Orders (T.P.O.) Search )